Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10th NSCD 2010 Camp III: Group Activities

The second day, I woke up before 6am. Lying on the bed, I waited almost one hour until the sky turned brighter to leave my dormitory. Mrs Sinna was already having her devotion alone at the place where the campers usually gathered. I said "good morning" to her and walked towards the hut.

The first time I came to the Port Dickson beach was in 2004 with a colleague and students for a course trip. I was never excited about swimming, even though sometimes I did immerse myself in the water when I had a company.

I simply enjoyed watching waves hitting the shore.

After the breakfast, the groups named after the fruit of the Holy Spirit were either having their discussions about the drama they were going to perform the next evening,

or running after the staff to ask for a task to complete in order to gain points.

As usual, I commanded those who approached me to do some funny acts, like jumping with a leg, walking like crabs, stretching their muscles,

making my trademark spider faces, etc. Later, one of them told me that he really liked this.

The teaching in Hall Two continued with the topic of obedience. The main point was that God helps us to be more obedient through our parents or guardians' training. When we have an obedient spirit, God will reward us. At the end of the session, the staff prayed for the children.

Paul

and Matthew were approached specially by Rev Jeremiah who reminded them that Jesus loves them and has a bright future for them.

In the afternoon,

games were conducted in the basketball court,

and at the beach.

While many of them were exposed to the sun,

a few of the staff preferred to take a shelter at the amphitheatre.

During the dinner, a boy was required to give Rev Sinna a hug.

I felt that Mrs Sinna's voice was full of authority though she was not a pastor.

That night, some of our CCH boys still showed acts of disobedience after three learning sessions. But I was very glad that Luke for example had been behaving very well.

3 comments:

JJ said...

THe second day in Hall 1 was Also Ps Joel Guna Dunamis. He teaching bout breaking the limitance and the boundaries in life.........etc.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Lee Sah,
It is such an encouragement seeing your commitment in helping these boys and shaping their lives. God bless you!~

Michan said...

Thanks, bro Ivan. My life has been more fulfilling ever since I started to serve these children.