Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blessed Are The Sponsorer And Recipients

Among my Batu Pahat friends, Yean Tian is not doubt the one who has been witnessing most my walk with God. In fact, I first attended the children's church and knew about Jesus because she had invited me to a swimming pool outing organised by her church when we were both 11 years old. Even though I hardly went to any service after I moved to the secondary school and university, I always kept the simple faith that Jesus is the only God.

In 2008 when I drew closer to God again, I shared with her my decision to abandon ancestor worship and later other testimonies from myself, my church members or another former classmate PG who had accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour that year.

Since I began to serve at Calvary Care Home (CCH) in 2009, I had more things to recount whenever we met up for a tea in our hometown. Early this year, when David followed me back to Johor for the first time, Yean Tian kindly gave him an ice-cream treat.

As she grew more curious and interested in my "business" at CCH, she took out a sum of money every month to let me invest in the Kingdom of God on her behalf. She also told me that she would sponsor the boys' school shoes.

This school holiday, not only she did not forget her promise, she also kept reminding me to measure the feet of each boy. After much delay, I finally found out the brands and size of the shoes they were wearing this year. Last week, my generous childhood friend whose "Champion" is the most famous shoes shop in Batu Pahat passed her sponsored items including two pairs of socks and shoe white to Mum who came with my brother Leong's family to Melaka.

This was the happy reaction of the blessed recipients from the right in the picture: Luke, Joel, Paul, Daniel and David.

The miracle was that this time, our cool and handsome Paul was the most sporting boy in front of my camera.

My dear, thank you very much for your generosity. May God bless you abundantly!

1 comment:

JJ said...

I hope all the boys will be more spoting during the taking of the camera......