Monday, December 6, 2010

A Bad Day Turned Good Day

Last Saturday I had two meetings to attend in the morning. The first one was at Calvary Life Assembly at 10am. After driving twenty minutes, I arrived at the church and only was told that it had been called off. Since there was the second one at Harap Learning Centre half an hour later, I did not feel too bad, though I would have preferred to be informed earlier.

After another fifteen minutes' journey, I reached my next destination at Bukit Baru. The centre was locked. There was no sign of those who were called. I SMSed and called Mrs Ee but no reply. Since Dr Wong's clinic was in the same flat, I telephoned him to find out if there were any changes. As he was having a patient, he sent his assistant to open the door for me to take a seat inside.

I prayed, "Father God, you know I hate driving all the way for nothing. And I could have gone back to Batu Pahat if not for these two meetings. I can consider today a bad day. But I want to think positively and believe that you have a better programme for me in town."

I telephoned my former colleague Saratha who lived nearby, planning to visit her if she was around. She was not in the house but her happy voice immediately cheered me up.

"Hi, Lee Sah! I haven't heard from you for such a long time. Yesterday my maid was asking me what was happening to you. Today I've got your call! If I had known you were coming, I would have cancelled my outing. I should be back by four o'clock and will give you a call when I'm at home..."

Dr Wong came later, invited me to his clinic to check emails and introduced me to his assistants. From Mrs Ee's latest email, we learned that the meeting was actually postponed to 1pm. Dr Wong let me continue to surf the Internet and shared with me his vision to serve God and the people. Since I had known him because of the EFC Leadership Summit last April, I hardly talked much to this MLM classmate whose initiative to help a poor family had led to the opening of the first Harap Learning Centre in Malaysia.

Mrs Ee and others finally arrived at the centre. She gave Joel L and me a giant mango each which resembled a papaya! She told me that she was attending a talk in the morning and that her handphone was off when I contacted her.

When the meeting was over, it was before 3pm. I decided to hang out alone at Jaya Jusco Ayer Keroh. To my great surprise, there were special sales that day! Holding a sub-card, I was not a shopaholic like Ping. However, during two whole hours at the ladies department there, I could not resist the temptation of buying my favorite items at discounted prices. Oh! Weak vessel... Convincing myself that I needed them when the new semester started in January, I happily seized a blouse, a pair of shoes and a handbag which Ps Richard had reminded the men to never buy for women. Moreover, I got to redeem a voucher for the price I had paid. As you may imagine, I left the shopping mall full of joy. Although Saratha forgot to contact me because she had fallen asleep after she had gone home, I did not mind at all.

God had definitely answered my prayer by fulfilling my desire of shopping at Jaya Jusco and by turning a bad day into a good one. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

JJ said...

i remembered someone saying to me that i must always remember this verse Romans 8:28.........

albert peh said...

A good day or a bad day ? It is all in the mind. Thank you Lee Sah, your sharing in this article has helped me to always think positively.