Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10th NSCD 2010 Camp II: New Heights, New Goals

Before the departure, I already had a feeling that I would encounter some problem with the lodging. True enough, the committee had typed "Bro Lim Lee Sah" in their list despite the fact that my name sounds so feminine. Thank God with my long hair, slight make-up and female attire, I was not required to show any document to prove that I was actually a woman, not man. After waiting ten minutes longer at the reception counter, I was finally given a room for campers of my gender.

After the check-in, snacks were served immediately at another place. I spotted a nice view facing the Straits of Malacca and planned to have my quiet time near the beach the next morning.

We then proceeded to the sanctuary. While walking upstairs, I noticed an interesting sign "Please no jumping" before the windows.

Shanti and her committee members explained the camp rules and regulations.

The four restless CCH boys Luke, Daniel, David and Paul began to carry on their own conversations.

Their distracting act soon being noticed, they were called to shift from their last side row to the first middle row. "And indeed there are last who will be first..." (Luke 3:30, NKJV). On the first day of the camp, representatives from CCH already became "stars"! The home administrator did not hesitate to photograph and record this embarassing scene from the front. I remained seated at the back and admired children from other homes who were paying attention to the briefing.

After we were dismissed, I talked to a lady Sheela whom I had met earlier during the tea time and who had been helping to organise this camp for years. She said to me, "Anything that is in your heart, God will answer during this camp." At first, I thought she was referring to the CCH boys. When she emphasised the word "anything", I knew God was preparing my heart to receive His revelations about my life in all the aspects and to set "new heights, new goals" (Philippinas 3:14) like the camp theme.

Albert and his younger "sons", assuming that the resort was going to provide the basic toiletries like the previous church camp in Genting Highlands, did not bring soap. Only John and I had not left out anything to survive four days and were even able serve as their "sundry shops", thanks to which all of us smelt good after the showers.

The first teaching session started at 8.30pm. After our lively worship songs, the director of NSCD (National Social Concern Department) of Assemblies of God of Malaysia (AG) Rev KK Sinnadurai, who was also Shanti's father, gave a short speech. I learned that it was the tenth consecutive year they organised a camp for all the AG care homes children.

The children were divided into two groups. Albert and I followed those who were fourteen and below, among whom were six out of seven of our CCH boys, to Hall Two. The guest speaker was Rev Jeremiah. His teaching was about obedience, the foundation of a successful life.

"Do what you are told immediately and happily." was the sentence we were asked to repeat and remember. Father God, if Jesus obeyed his earthly father and mother, how much more I should obey You.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hall 1 was Ps Joel Guna Dunamis. He was teaching bout the anointing of god will make you achieve a new height and new goals and etc........