Monday, December 6, 2010

Launch Of The Biggest Snowman At Jaya Jusco Bandaraya Melaka

Last Wednesday, the Calvary Care Home (CCH) children, staff and volunteers were invited to attend the launch of the biggest snowman made of recycled plastic bottles at Jaya Jusco Bandaraya Melaka. After I arrived at the shopping mall at 10.30am, I found the exact location while walking towards the ten-metre-tall huge statue.

While waiting to be assigned to seats near the snowman which looked rather like a white cat, they boys entertained themselves by watching and playing with the lifts.

The first VIP who arrived was Dato' Siti Nurhaliza, the ambassador of Malaysian Jusco foundation.

The wife of the Chief Minister of Melaka turned up last at about 11.15am. Had I known the programme was going to start so late, I would not have turned down my colleague's invitation to have breakfast at a hotel in town earlier. Anyway, I noticed that the amcee was displaying great patience.

After their speeches, the VIPs were invited on the stage again to light the snowman together.

The moment I enjoyed most was the live mini-concert of the sweet songbird Siti who presented three songs, one of which "Aku Cinta Padamu" I had just got to know recently.

The children from different homes were given a bag of goodies each. Being the smallest in size, Joel with his cute face attracted the attention of many people, including Siti.

As usual, our CCH boys stood out with their unique style of covering their faces during the photograph session. Nevertheless, standing behind these "men" were graceful "women"...

After the ceremony, we were blessed with a happy meal treat at KFC. The boys were glad to munch burgers, French fries, sip soft drinks and take back Spongebob toys.

I had promised John to send him to a conference soon after lunch. So I left the mall thinking of the shopping and of course the earlier breakfast which I had missed.

1 comment:

JJ said...

hahahaha...., i think surely got greater chances for to eat hotel food...... After all maybe God didn't want u to go because that day the food was not nice.............