Monday, December 20, 2010

10th NSCD 2010 Camp V: Bye-bye, Maybe Next Year

I actually had no desire at all to participate in any beach activities. However, on the last morning of the camp, the mood slowly came. I began with stepping into the water bare-footed, splashing about with Joel and finally joined the girls on the other side to bathe in the sea! I did not know the correct way of crawling, nor changing breath. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the fellowship with a few friendly girls and planned to learn more swimming skills next year.

The final session of the camp was held at the open-air amphitheatre.

Rev Sinna used the sea to illustrate the power and the glory of God. Having swallowed salt water several times earlier, I could not agree more. No matter how good swimmers we claim to be, men are powerless in the sea.

I had got to know about Rev Sinna's life testimony through his own sharing during the devotion. His wife, in whom I had witnessed a quite opposite temperament, had also shared with Sis Chui Ping, Albert and me in private how they had started their care home. I would like to pay a visit to their Rumah Faith in future.

A few participants went forward to testify how God had touched them during this camp.

Without surprise, my "spider disciple" aka dancing partner was not shy to speak in front of the crowd.

Even my young roommate who was the greatest "DJ" during the "Tamil radio broadcast" for the past three days in our dormitory continued to share her stories to a bigger audience, this time in English of course.

I pray that one day our CCH boys would be confident enough to stand upright in public and mature enough to give a speech with constructive topics like them.

The three groups which had gained the highest marks were rewarded. Every participant was also given a mug and a set of sponsored toothbrushes as souvenirs. After the lunch, it was time for separation. Luke was no doubt the most popular member in our CCH gang, for many of his new friends were running towards our van to say goodbye to him.

We returned to Melaka by taking the old road and experienced some heart-attack moments. Likewise in our lives, God also allows us to follow our own will and face the consequence.

During this camp, I had learned a lot from other staff and realised how selfish I was in certain situations, even though it was unintentional. To improve as a care giver, I needed to set new new heights, new goals for myself.

May the Lord continue to show me the clearer picturer of the way He wants me to go on.

No comments: