Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Melaka: Tanjung Bidara I

We were supposed to take the new keys for our offices and shift our things from the temporary storeroom two weekends ago according to the internal email. Friday afternoon, there was still no sign that our block would be ready on time for the new semester which was going to start on Monday.

By Sunday early afternoon, the clerks could not be reached by telephone. In order not to have a wasted trip, I also planned an outing to the beach with VC after our stop in Lendu. So when I was told by the clerks that our doors had not even been fixed, I left the campus and drove towards Masjid Tanah.

I remember my colleague aka former housemate SL told me that when she felt sad, she used to go all the way to Tanjung Bidara alone with her Proton Iswara to weep in front of the sea. Now she has a Kia Spectra which consumes much more petrol, she no longer does that. Having to drive twenty minutes to a place just to shed tears, I would probably cry even more in my car! Only for the sake of my friends and family members, I am willing to take the steering wheel to bring them to the beach. Otherwise, I definitely prefer the forests or mountains.

Tanjung Bidara,

35 km north of Melaka town, is one of the popular beaches. As the weather that day was quite good, it was a little bit crowded,

especially near the jetty.

So we chose the quieter side which was more suitable for fishing,

dating,

or simply having peace of mind.

Before we spent any energy, VC was claiming his snacks. So we ate the fried tomyam meehoon that I had prepared and the bananas that he had bought on the way. Then we just sat on the brownish sand to rest instead of building castles like what we had done the previous times.

At the age of five, I accidentally fell into the drain full of water in front of my house after spitting out chewing gum. My brothers had a hard time to pull me out. Maybe since then, I never truly enjoyed being immersed in the water, whether in a bathtub, a swimming pool or in the sea.

Even when I saw the turquoise water at Pulau Perhentian or the cristal blue water at Pulau Langkawi, I was not excited to jump into it, let alone the unattractive sea colour of Tanjung Bidara.

But sitting there two whole hours would be no fun either. So, ten minutes later I joined VC who was already like a fish in the water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah you can swim? Not bad not bad :)

Michan said...

The part 2 of this entry will tell you that I actually can't really swim, haha!