Thursday, December 2, 2010

Celebrating Albert's Belated Birthday

After all the Calvary Care Home (CCH) boys' birthdays passed this year, I realised that we were coming back to the starting point of the circle where I got involved more actively with CCH activities and first organised a birthday celebration there last year.

When I was planning Albert P's birthday celebration in November 2009, I treated him as the "principal" of CCH. This year I regard him as a working partner and friend, so I did not feel too bad when I only sent him an SMS greeting on the day itself, gave him a present one week later and finally found a suitable date another ten days later to gather the gang together at my place to prepare for them a salad of tomatoes and celeries,

raw sengkuang,

baked potatoes accompanied by mayonnaise,

and hotdogs which Daniel helped to fry until burned.

It was amazing to see that my God-given family members loved the combination! The success was due to the fact that they were bored with curry, overcook vegetables or outside food, and thanks to my self-discovered golden rule that "feed a person when he/she is happy and hungry".

My theory did not work well when it came to taking photographs of them. Knowing that I was going to show the pictures in my blog, the teenagers hid their faces as if they were running away from shark loaners. Only the oldest and the youngest ones were always cooperative in front of the camera.

Albert almost forgot that the dinner "party" was for his belated birthday and that there was a cake to cut. Since early this year, the cakes I presented were downgraded each time. As a result, our birthday star seemed to pray that it would not be hard enough to break the plastic knife, crack his teeth or scratch his tongue.

Being merciful this time, I had actually decided to just buy a chiffon cake and spread cooking chocolate on it. Amazingly again, everybody was satisfied with this dessert.

Albert, I hope you enjoyed the simple celebration with our company. Keep up the good work in the CCH boys' lives. Your best years are ahead of you!

2 comments:

Albert Peh said...

Lee Sah, thank you for your encouragement. God has sent you to bless me and the CCH boys so much. May we learn from you how to bless people more and more each day.

JJ said...

Prof. Albert, you look very happy.......... We'll try to make your next birthday a bit more grand(11/11/11)! Learn more prof learn more........