Monday, January 11, 2010

David's First Trip To Johor I

Since the good experience with the Calvary Care Home boys at my place at Paya Rumput, I was confident that they would also behave very well at Mum's place. After an unsuccessful invitation for the following weekend due to events they had to attend in Melaka, I finally got the approval to bring David along with me back to my hometown on the first day of the new year 2010.

I planned to start the journey in the early afternoon so that we would reach Batu Pahat on time to have dinner with Mum and Seng. As we joined Albert P and Matthew for a short outing at Jaya Jusco, it was already early evening when we were on the Ayer Keroh-Melaka-Jasin (AMJ) express way driving towards the south of the Peninsular. It was David's first trip to Johor and he had no idea on its geography. So I used the steering wheel as a teaching material to locate where we were, the border between Melaka and Johor, and our destination.

Rain began to fall and it was getting darker. My four-year-old windscreen wipers could not clear water from the windshield properly, which often gave me an obstructed view of the road. Moreover, the loud music from David's favorite radio station sometimes reduced my focus. I thanked God for granting us journey mercy.

Mum and Seng were away when we finally arrived. I led David to his bedroom, the shower room and the kitchen. As it was still raining cats and dogs outside, I did not want to go out again even though there was no ready dinner for us. So I took leftover rice enough for one person, cabbage and fish balls that I had found in the fridge and quickly prepared a simple meal for David, while he was taking his hot shower.

When David came to the kitchen again, he bowed his head to say a prayer to give thanks for the food, and especially to show me his hair

after using a black bottle of "Sunsilk" shampoo. His voice was full of excitement when describing how the product was good and that his hair had become very shiny and silky!

The next day, David took a shower and washed his hair again. Mum had kept the black bottle which was meant to darken her hair and left him another type of shampoo which was for the family use. After trying the orange liquid, David asked me to touch his hair again and said, "This one is not so powerful. You see, my hair is not shining like yesterday..."

Hello, Mr CEO of the "Sunsilk" company, would you like to sponsor your black shine shampoo to Calvary Care Home for free publicity?

1 comment:

JJ said...

OOOlala, sooo so so so so so so shiny......... Need to wear sun glasses *.*