Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two Lost-And-Found Cars II

Finally I asked SR, "I believe in miracles. Let's pray for one. What do you think?"

She was desperate. "I really need a miracle now."

So I got up from my chair and sat next to her. I explained to her that we Christians believe God will give us whatever we ask in His Son Jesus' name (John 16:23), that we can pray at anytime, anywhere, any situations and any directions. First I prayed alone. Then I asked her to repeat after me whatever was acceptable to her. If any words disturbed her, she could just remain silent.

As I led SR in prayer, she started to weep. Perhaps the Holy Spirit was touching her, or she was just releasing her tension. We pleaded God to help SR to find back her car and other lost objects. We trusted God to know what was the most important for her. And despite her own feelings, she chose to forgive the thieves. I also had the burden of asking God to break all the curses in SR's life.

After the prayer, she stayed in my office to mark her papers while I was surfing the net. Within half an hour, SR's cell phone rang! A male voice said to SR that if she wanted to get back her car, she could go to somewhere in Kuala Lumpur to take it back! The unknown man also assured SR that he would telephone her again later to check whether she had arrived in Kuala Lumpur.

SR looked puzzled when she told me about their conversation. She began to suspect that someone who hated her was playing a trick on her and the mysterious caller was just a middleman. Having heard Christians' numerous testimonies of miracles, I knew it was God who had stirred this person's heart to make the call. Several minutes later, she received another call from her family member with whom she discussed when he would be free to be with her in Kuala Lumpur.

She had not slept well the previous night. She had not taken breakfast, neither nor she had appetite for lunch. I thought she was not in a good condition to deal with the situation immediately. It was already early afternoon. By the time she reached Kuala Lumpur by express bus, only little time would be left before evening began. To calm her undecided spirit, I simply advised her to seek God for the second time before taking any further actions, that God would give His confirmation through more phone calls and look after her safety if she was to go for her appointment in, either alone or accompanied.

This time, I was sitting closely in front of SR. When I began to pray alone to thank God for His quick answer to our prayer, for His great work in transforming me and for His grace upon my life, it was my turn to be in sob. Then again, I asked SR to repeat after me and laid my hands on her legs while my knees were also in contact with hers. During our prayer, my right leg was shaking uncontrollably. I had seen my church members with their hands or even whole body shaking when they were praying or were being prayed for. This was the first time I experienced this physical touch of the Holy Spirit myself!

I mentioned in our prayer that God would show her the truth. SR, also in tears, placed her hands on mine and added, "and guide me." In my heart I was claiming it for her spiritual life. To me, it was already a miracle that we could pray together two times within a day. How great is God!

During the rest of the afternoon, SR was still thinking of all kinds of possible reasons regarding the loss of her car. I shared with her testimonies that I had heard: a barren woman become pregnant, a blood-vomiting cancer patient completely healed, a heavy smoker got sick of even the cigarette smell and an homosexual turned to a godly man, blessed with a pastor wife and lovely children. All the impossible had been turned by Jesus to the possible!

When SR was leaving my office to join another colleague who would send her back, I asked her to send me an SMS at her depart for Kuala Lumpur so that I would be praying for her.

The next day, no response from her.

The following day, I texted her to ask if anything was fine with her.

No reply.

No comments: