Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One Blessing Prayer, Five Miracles

Early last month, PG asked me if I would be available during the weekend of 11-12th April. Ps Francis Ng and his team from Singapore would be visiting his church. I was free that Saturday evening. So I followed PG to the Praise Celebration Centre (PCC) in Batu Pahat.

At the end of his simple but powerful sermon, Ps Francis called upon those who needed blessing prayers to step forward. PG and I stood at different places to be prayed for by his team members.

When we went for a tea after the service, I said to PG, "You must have asked for a blessing for a new job." That was his main concern since he had gone back to settle down in Batu Pahat.

PG said, "A man prayed for me just now. As soon as he laid his hand on me, he asked me, 'Job blessing?'. I was thinking of exactly the same thing in my mind at that moment! Yet, he didn't even know me."

Two weeks later, I was back to Batu Pahat again. I telephoned to PG's house and was told that he had not returned from his work. After two hours, I telephoned again. PG was at home. I congratulated him for the good news. He had a lot of things to tell me regarding his new job. So the next evening, when we learnt that the worship practice at the PCC had been cancelled, we went to a coffee house.

Below is PG's sharing:

1. On 13 April, PG received an invitation for a job interview. The next day, he went to the company. In a form he was required to fill in, he came across a question "Have you applied/been interviewed for any position in this company before?". He had sent a job application letter twice to this company last year but had never received any reply. If he answered "yes", the management would find out that PG had not even met the qualification to be called for an interview previously. He struggled with his honesty and decided to leave it to answer last.

While answering other questions, he suddenly thought of saying a silent prayer "God, if You want me to be light of this company, You'll still give me the job despite the bad impression my honest answer might give to the interviewers. Thus, he looked back that early question and wrote down what God was putting in his heart.

During the interview, none of the two interviewers mentioned PG's previous unsuccessful applications.

2. The interviewers assured PG that he would get a reply within two or three days. On the same day at about 5pm, his job was already confirmed by a phone call from the company!

3. PG had worked in several other companies previously. Only for one job, he was given exactly what he had written as expected salary. For the rest, he always received a reduced amount. This time during the interview, PG was told that the amount he had written would be the one he was going to be monthly paid for if his interview was successful. Not a Ringgit would be deducted!

4. After PG had started to work in this new company, one day he had to fetch his direct superior. On the way, his superior revealed to him that their boss Joseph Tan was the only believer of Christ among his parents and siblings in his wealthy family who had several companies! PG believed that God had purposely placed him there to be under a Christian boss.

5. On 23 April, PG finally received the formal offer letter. When he turned to the second page which showed the salary, the figure was even more than what he had been promised during the interview!

PG had been giving faithfully to God and God poured down exceedingly His blessing to PG. Not only PG, I also thank God for this wonderful testimony that I can share with others.

And I have realized that the more we talk about how good our God is, the less we talk about how bad other people are.

No comments: