Monday, May 11, 2009

Steamboat At My Brother's House

The weather has been very hot lately. Even in the evening, we can still feel the warm air. When my brother Leong telephoned me a week ago to invite me to his house for steamboat Saturday night together with Mum and Seng, I wondered if he thought we had not been sweating enough.

VC also followed me back to Batu Pahat. So we brought the two bags of goodies of the CLA family day for my nephew and niece. He personally gave Zer Yih his newly published comic "Hibrid" to encourage the little boy to keep on drawing.

Zer Nin had the same artistic talent. The siblings had won numerous trophies in competitions.

At their age, they already had their own art exhibition!

When dinner was ready, Leong called us to be seated around the dining table.

My sister-in-law Li Chia had bought many kinds of fish balls, meat balls,

big prawns, squid, fish,

enoki mushrooms, taro, garland chrysanthemum,

Chinese cabbage and fried dumplings.

We just dumped whatever we wanted into the metal pot, closed the cover and waited until everything was cooked in the simmering pot. Then we ate the food with a dipping sauce. As we threw in more dishes, the soup tasted better.

I was paying attention to the quantity of items that I put into my bowl. But after tasting a little bit of every dish, I realized that the total portion still exceeded what I usually had for a meal.

I think I am going to sweat even more when I step on the balance.

1 comment:

kittymiao0210 said...

Damn it, I have missed the steamboat~!
I was wondering what will you guys go for Mothers' Day celebration, steamboat at Leong's house is not a bad idea eh ;)