Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chicken A La Carte

Last Tuesday during the MLM class, we were shown a short film "Chicken A La Carte" by a Filipino director. It was about how some people's left-over turned out to be some other people's necessity, a real-life scenario happening daily in many corners of the world.

This true story stirred my heart. I thank God that I am neither like the ones who quit their tables with abundance of left-over food nor the ones who had to survive on refuse. When I was small, my parents never needed to frighten me by saying that I would have freckles if I left grains of rice in my plate. I just simply followed their examples to finish everything in the plates. Even when we had our meals outside, we always cleared all the dishes we had ordered.

After I had met Ernest and Nicole, I appreciated a lot the way they treasured food though they were quite well-to-do. Not only they were not wasteful, they were always willing to share their food with others.

Since I know my Lord Jesus, I am even amazed at His attitude towards food. Whatever He had, He always looked up to Heaven, gave thanks and offered to others first until all were satisfied (Matthew 14:19).

When we learn to give thanks to God, our hearts will be filled with joy even if there is only a piece of half-bitten chicken in our plates.

No comments: