Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rabbit-Proof Fence

Two days ago, I watched a film "Rabbit-Proof Fence" on DVD that I had borrowed from the CLA library.

Based on a true story, it was about three young Aboriginal girls who had been separated from their parents by the Australian State to be taken to the Moore River Native Settlement in the north of Perth. The removal of the mixed-race children from the families was due to fears of miscegenation and a desire to attain white racial purity.

These stolen children were home sick despite the better material life there. So, They escaped from the residential school and trekked for nine weeks along 1,500 miles of the Australian rabbit-proof fence leading to their home town Jagalong. They encountered sympathetic people who gave them food and drink. At the same time, a tracker sent by the government agencies authority was trying to seize them.

Two sisters managed to return to their community while their cousin was tricked and caught again by the authority.

I had been stolen by Satan from my Father God to live a sinful life for years. Even though I believed that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, that no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6), I chose to stay comfortably in the darkness.

My Father God waited patiently for me to go back to Him, giving me one after another opportunity to set me free from Satan's bondage. At first I did not try my best to flee, so Satan pulled me back easily. When I finally decided to run away and cling to Jesus, I began to appreciate the light of life and hate darkness (John 8:12). Above all, I found the way back to the Kingdom of My Father God.

My walk along the Satan-proof fence is going to be a life-long journey. I thank my Father God for sending people to feed me with His words. Satan will always attempt to trap me. But as long as I follow Jesus faithfully, I shall not walk in darkness (John 8:12).

No comments: