Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Batu Pahat: Hawker Centre Near My House

Even though I prefer my living environment at Paya Rumput, Melaka, I love the charm of the residential area where my family live in Batu Pahat. Apart from the emotional reason, there is an important factor which contributes to my liking for Taman Makmur. That is, it has all kinds of facilities.

In Melaka, I prepare breakfast for my guests. In Batu Pahat, I can obtain Chinese food easily near my house. Last Sunday morning, Mum dropped VC and me in front of a nearby food court when she went out with her car.

On weekends or special occasions, the traffic of the roads surrounding the hawker centre is always heavier than usual.

This double-storey food court does not only attract people with food.

Whether from the main entrance

or the side entrance,

hawkers of the Chinese nationals welcome you with their household goods all the way to the centre of the four-year-old building.

If you have time and money to spend at their stalls,

you will leave this place with both your stomachs and hands full.

The food stall on the ground floor where we usually went did not sell porridge that day, so we walked upstairs

where there were less food stalls, less people

but a nicer view with tall palm trees.

This was VC's breakfast:

We had ordered the meat porridge from Mum's friends who ran the business. I greeted Uncle whose face was always cheerful.

Aunty, after whom the stall was named, was too shy to pose in front of my camera.

After breakfast, we toured the open market next to the food court. It is another interesting place

where you can get stuff to feed yourself or your refrigerator.

Every time I go to this hawker centre, I thank God for placing my family in this residential area because Mum never gets bored to spend her mornings there.

Going home on foot, we took a short cut. VC taught me to identify different types of mangoes on the trees we passed by.

Routine can turn out interesting when you have a curious heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom go to this hawker center, my mum and dad and I would go to the Jln Abu Bakar pasar or hawker center for our Sunday morning breakfast. Nice post there.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Serena55 said...

oh yes...i know this market place very place. It is not a bad place.
Full of cars and people every morning. i live not far from this place where i sometimes get my breakfast and do my marketing. Inside there are some chinese people ( I think from Mainland China) selling their stuff. Some are good and are just junks...
As i observe it is also a good place for pensioners to hang out gathering and meeting their friends chit-chatting and sharing their lives ...seems to be a place for retirees..
I came back from Germany a year ago..and have settle down back in Taman Batu Pahat..my home town. I think itis good place to get some and do your early marketing and meeting friends..Come and visit it yourself. I dont know a better place than here//
Serena