Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Neuves-Granges: Afternoon Walk II

We had not walked together as much as we had planned due to numerous appointments. My last whole day in Neuves-Granges, we decided to spend it among us. After lunch, we took the path in front of the neighbours. More than six years ago, Mum and Lee Ping had fed maizes to those horses.

I loved the sight of the lonely tree

and animals in the nature.

Some wheat had reached the height of a human being

while the maizes were just young plants.

There was no sign of my favorite sunflowers which would only flourish in summer.

A four-wheeled vehicle was for sale. The way it was advertised would only be seen in the countryside.

We came across a cherry tree in the middle of the field

which was bearing abundant fruits.

When I was in Malaysia, I used to dislike those preserved cherries on the birthday cake which had an artificial colour and flavour. After I had tasted the real which I had freshly picked from the tree, I grew to love this small red fruit very much.

Cherries were very expensive in the markets. We had the whole tree of fruits for free! We kept sending into our mouths cherries which were dark red as they were riper and sweeter than those with a lighter red.

It was going to rain soon. Otherwise we would have spent overnight under the tree!

No comments: