Monday, August 18, 2008

Melaka: Evening At Paya Rumput

Kimly must have been exhausted due to the lack of sleep, for he had spent the whole afternoon lying on the sofa.

I took my time to unpack my bags, iron my cloths, put them back to the cupboard, and sweep the dusty floor. My guest was not even woken up one second by noise that I made when moving around in the house.

The sleeping beauty finally came back to consciousness. It was around 6pm. I suggested that we went out for a walk in the village nearby before going out for dinner.

The Paya Rumput area became more well known to the Melakans after the developper of my housing area had started to build many types of houses there. When the construction of the expressway next to it was completed, which shortened the travelling time between the Melaka city and Alor Gajar town, that encouraged even more people to settle down in between.

I was very blessed to live near the countryside where I could see the plantation of sugarcanes,

bananas in flowers,

in fruits hanging on the tree,

tall coconut trees,

durians in their fruiting season,

all kinds of decorative plants,

colourful blossoms,

traditional Melakan houses,

and carefree chattings under the shelter,

Not far from these country folks, drivers of vehicles were rushing at eighty kilometres an hour from on the AMJ expressway in pararrel with the road leading to the Paya Rumput village. Which one of them would you like to be?

The sun was setting when we were turning back.

The sky had been painted with an amalgam of different degrees of red and yellow.

To Kimly, the Malaysian country scenery was definitely exotic. He was very impressed by the the sky of striking colours behind the shadows of coconuts that he had never seen before. His sophisticated camera caught this wonderful image of dusk.

I was also amazed and grateful for this painting that God was presenting to my housing area.

No comments: