Monday, August 11, 2008

Bye-bye! Besançon

About twenty-four hours before my return to Malaysia, I had a last stroll in the city centre of Besançon before joining Ernest and Nicole for lunch.

I took the path along the Doubs river.

This "La tour de la Pelotte" restaurant used to be my Japanese friends' favorite when they were studying here. The waiters there were dressed like those in the Middle Age.

This was a view of the Doubs river. I liked the street lamps

which matched the stone bridge very well.

I was approaching the Micaud park. A lonely grandfather was sitting on the bench.

I used to sit on one of the benches like him, especially on Sundays when I had no appointments. The difference was that I was facing the beautiful river

instead of the busy crossroads.

I was never bored to enter this tourism office in the park, which always offered updated documents on the city and region.

The canal near the other end of the bridge also looked so tranquil.

Tomorrow, I would be leaving this city. I was greedy to capture every corner of my favorite spots in my memory. I realized the Doubs had contributed a lot to the beauty of Besançon.

But the people had added more charm to this city. Don't you think so?

No comments: