Friday, August 8, 2008

Bye-bye! Neuves-Granges

On 12 June, my country style homestay had come to and end.

I would miss Ernest and Nicole's presence anywhere in the house.

It could be Ernest's sitting alone in his armchair,

or Nicole's bringing out dishes from the kitchen.

When the door was being shut,

I did not feel that I was leaving for too long, for Ernest quickly took a picture of the points of my feet,

which meant in French that they were looking forward to seeing me again. And I had promised them to visit them as often as possible, when time and budget allowed me to do so.

Before I got into the car which was loaded with all my luggage,

I had a last sight of the garden from which I would not be able to see the harvest. I was going to work on my own garden soon.

We stopped at the neighbour Fernande's house

to say goodbye and borrow their balance to weigh my bags. Both my body and luggage were heavier than three weeks earlier...

What could not be measured was all these wonderful experiences added to my life.

No comments: