Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Melaka: Unplanned Visit I

Night started to fall when we came out from my former colleague Shiv's house. Kimly managed to take a picture of the state mosque while I was driving.

I planned to bring him for dinner at the Newton foodcourt. When we reached there, we realized that the tower we had seen in the afternoon was right in front of us!

The Taming Sari gyro tower was officially opened for business on the 18 April 2008. It was one of the destinations of the double-decker bus.

The tickets cost RM10 to Malaysians and RM20 to foreigners. I was upset with this difference of prices. In France, I always paid the same entrance fees and tuition fees as the locals. But Kimly was used to this discrimination that he had experienced in Penang.

I told Kimly, "If I succeed in making you pay only the local price, you'll pay my entrance ticket then."

I approached the counter and told the casher that we were two. She required me to show my Mycard and typed down my state of origine. Without asking for Kimly's identity card, she passed to me a ticket for two persons in exchange of RM20.

Kimly, as long as he did not utter a word, would always be considered as a Chinese Malaysian.

We got into the glass cabin which revolved as it rose from the ground to the top of the tower.

We had a 360-degree panoramic view of Melaka town and beyond.

From 100 metres' height, everything on the ground was like a miniature. I recognized my car which looked like a matches box.

The viewing session lasted about seven minutes, which was just nice before we got bored.

Thanks for your treat, Kimly!

No comments: