Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Church Camp III: Heading To Genting Highlands

Albert P had planned a trip to KLCC (Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre) by monorail to let the children experience this type of public transport. However, seeing the boys who kept yelling "boring la!" on our first day in Kuala Lumpur, this extremely flexible tour leader who was not accountable to any travel agency decided to modify the itinerary and shot off from the capital soon after breakfast.

Andrew C was supposed to meet up with us somewhere there together with other Calvary Care Home boys to whom he offered a lift. Since our morning programme was changed, he did not have to drive all the way to Kuala Lumpur a few hours before the church camp just to have a glance of those famous landmarks like we did.


While we were looking for the exit of the city, Albert thought of visiting Colmar Tropicale in Bukit Tinggi first. After consulting Andrew who told him that the French themed resort was on the other side of Pahang, he realised that he had studied the map wrongly earlier at Trekker Lodge. As a result, we ended up heading directly to Genting Highlands to enjoy natural fresh cool air.

My two previous trips to this tourist spot were some fifteen and ten years ago with my former secondary school classmates. The only souvenirs I am still keeping are a a yellow toy Totoro which BP had won for me from a claw clane and some pictures of our younger faces.

At a junction, we were not sure of the directions despite the GPS. Instead of moving forward, Albert intended to make an impromptu U-turn. Three seconds after I mumbled in my heart that this driver did not have the habit of using the turn signals, I saw a motobike approached the back of our car like a shooting arrow.

"Bang!"

I had heard this familiar sound a few times during my several minor car accidents since last year. I worried about the motocyclist who might be badly hurt. Albert immediately stopped the car. Luke and Daniel who already had a similar experience with my Atos last March were under a shock again. Matthew with his usual frown began to nag at Albert for making the mistake. Our driver calmly opened the door. I followed next and saw him standing next to the victim to find out in what state he and his two-wheeled vehicle were. Two workers from nearby places also came to his aid.

The slope must have reduced the impact of crash. And God's angels had protected us from the fatality. The motorcyclist who was on his way to work did not seem to be injured. The front part of his motorbike had broken. We had no idea which party was wrong in this accident. Nevertheless, Albert apologised to the gentleman, offered to recompense him and to send him to the theme park where he worked.

The man managed to ride on his motorbike again, planning to leave it somewhere before taking a lift from us. At first, we were on his tail. After a short while, the chap was suddenly out of sight, as if he had suddenly disappeared in the air! We prayed and tried to trace the missing victim as well as the two workers. We even parked our car on the roadside, hoping to meet any of the three guys, but they were nowhere to be seen. It was only then Albert examined closely his car boot which was merely suffering slight dammage.

Not having exchanged any contact numbers with the man or even jotted down his plate number, we came to the conclusion that since we had done our part, we had better go on with our journey to the top. What a miracle of the whole incident!

Now I inscribed Albert's name in my list of idols

for the way he had handled the situation. I also took my ten hats off for his amazing patience with his foster son Matthew who opens his "laser mouth" at any moment.

1 comment:

albert peh said...

Thank you for crowning me as "christian idol". This is an encouragement to me. I will allow God to work more in my life.