Sunday, June 13, 2010

David And Julia

Last Sunday evening, I invited David back to my place for holiday. Monday afternoon, I brought him to a hypermarket. While I was parking my car, Emmy telephoned.

"So you're coming to my house this evening?"

She had tried to call me the previous day but I had missed her call. As a result, I had no idea about the dinner appointment with her family and my colleague KC. When I told Emmy about David's presence, she gave me permission to bring him along since there would be enough food.

I assumed that my foster son would be the youngest person in the house until Julia appeared in the living room.

Having heard so much about their granddaughter from Emmy and Felix since last April, I was still very impressed by this soon-to-be five-year-old girl who immediately demonstrated her vivaciousness by showing us a dead lizard she had found on the floor.

As soon as Julia noticed David, she approached him from the back of his chair

and climbed onto his back.

According to Emmy, Julia always had problems with boys and could not get along with many of them. But when I saw her leaning shyly on my handsome "son"'s shoulder, I supposed she had already encountered her Prince Charming at this young age.

Unfortunately, the sweet scene did not last very long. The next moment, Julia became a tigress and attacked the black sheep who cried "ouch!" instead of "baa baa!".

This playful girl seemed to like her new companion who was tolerant with her naughty acts. David who had grown up in an all-boy environment also began to look more comfortable with the little blonde's presence.

After Julia's soft talk in his ear,

he obediently let his energetic junior conquer his back again.

Later, David succeeded in "taming" the aggressive girl by starting to read to her from a book. When Julia was sitting still and listening to the story with full interest while munching her snacks, she looked adorable as well.

David, would you like to wait for Julia another twenty years?

2 comments:

albert peh said...

who knows David and Julia might end up husband and wife. haaaaaaaaaaa

JJ said...

So Cute!