Thursday, March 25, 2010

End Of An Hectic Weekend

Luke and David were chatting like old friends at the dining table while eating their toasts spread with peanut butter, jam and sipping their hot drinks. I glanced at the clock and began to understand why Jeremiah and Phebe could not commit to fetch Uncle Seelan to the Sunday services. With a child, the adults were often delayed. How much more when I had two children at my place?

Daniel was waiting for me at his mother's house. The three boys were going to attend their second class on baptism at Calvary Life Assembly (CLA) at 9am. Thinking of the three U-turns I needed to make to pick all my passengers, I estimated that we probably were not going to arrive on time. The drama was that I accidentally knocked into a car when coming out from the road where Daniel lived. Thank God nobody was injured and I managed to settle the case in peace with the other driver within fifteen minutes. The additional damage to my car did not really affect my mood. I knew that every time a minor accident occurred to me, God was teaching me a lesson so that I became more prudent and alert in front of my steering wheel.

Finally I had to abandon Uncle Seelan at Seri Kenangan Home in order not to reach CLA too late. Albert P who had learned about the incident jokingly said that I needed deliverance.

Actually, what I needed was a good rest.

After sending the Calvary Care Home children back from CLA, I thought I was going to stay there reading a book or joining the children's indoor or outdoor activities. The younger boys became restless. Since it was the beginning of their school holidays, Albert who did not have to work the next day decided that we all would go to the cinema.

Another drama took place. While Albert was driving to Melaka mall, David K whose car had run out of petrol on the road at Bukit Beruang telephoned him to seek help. As a result, we had to postpone our movie appointment to at least an hour later. We had no budget for 3D movies. Only one title seemed to be interesting but the film would only be shown at 5.15pm. My passengers and I who arrived before 3 o'clock waited about an hour in the mall bombarded by loud music, before Albert and his passengers joined us. There was one more hour before the movie started. So we made a return trip to Jaya Jusco using the bridge.

We watched "Under The Mountain". During the whole movie, I remained in a lying position with my legs lifted, my eyes half close and imagined myself under the blanket. When we quit the complex, I hardly remembered the story.

The summary of that hectic weekend was: Guys, your holidays were my horror days.

2 comments:

albert peh said...

Lee Sah, I understand your tiredness taking care of these boys. Take a rest whenever it is necessary.

Michan said...

Thanks, Albert. Taking care of these boys is not tiring to me, but driving a lot, especially that weekend. Anyway, I have already recharged my battery to "drive" further :)