Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bowling As An Amateur

I was introduced to bowling by my former secondary school classmates during a supper outing many years ago. Without any experience, my very first attempt was incredibly successful--I hit all the ten pins! All my buddies were astonished. The result of my second round was the total opposite--the bowling ball fell into the gutter during half of its rolling journey and I had a good laugh of myself. Later, a friend accidentally slipped on the lane while throwing the ball. All of us teased him mercilessly. Since, I considered bowling as a recreation more than a sport.

Two weeks ago, after watching professional players' performance.

and seeing former Asian Number One Shalin Zulkifli during the SUKMA bowling event at MIBC (Melaka International Bowling Centre),

I was keen to roll a bowling ball again. Since the Calvary Care Home "team members" were not able to follow me back to my hometown for holiday, I invited VC, one of my best activity partners, to go together to the bowling centre at the shopping mall near my house in the morning.

We were the earliest birds at 10.30am to benefit from the "happy hours" rate.

My blog friend Vince who also came from Batu Pahat had commented that everything was old in this centre which had been existing for years. To VC and me who did not even know the correct way

to release the ball,

we simply enjoyed the fun to pose with all kinds of animal positions.

VC who only played the second time in his life scored higher marks than I who did not even reach 100 in the first game.

Now you understand why I could only appear at SUKMA as an onlooker, not a participant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I didn't know the bowling center was renovated, woah, all is nice and clean and new, and new name which was used to be Star Bowl. It's good.

Michan said...

I very seldom play bowling, so I don't remember what the centre used to look like.

JJ said...

proffesional bowling player NO.1 in Alor Gajah>!