Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birds Of A Feather

Last Sunday after the church service, I headed to Calvary Care Home (CCH). I had been absent the two previous Sundays because of my trip to South Korea and my cousin Max's wedding lunch.

Since this year, I have been closer to Sis Annie whom I first met early last year. A few months ago, she took Daniel as her foster son. Thus, we have more topics in common and have been sharing fostering experience with each other.

That day, she came with donated items from the market, bakery shop and friends to bless the CCH children. I was very glad to see this sister in Christ who has a great heart for underprivileged people.

After I helped her to unload a pail of fish from her car, she carried other items and joined us in front of the house where we were having packed lunch. As soon as she saw Daniel whom she had not invited to her house for more than a week as a result of the boy's poor attitude, she began her spontaneous "teaching session" with abundant gestures

and facial expressions.

In the beginning, I watched the show and chewed my food. I knew giggling while eating was bad for digestion but I just could not control myself. David who also laughed out loud reminded me to snap pictures of Sis Annie in full actions.

Daniel, the "target student", was rather amused by the lesson meant to counsel him and joined in hilarity as much as the rest of the audience.

When the supporting actor Albert P joined the next Oscar nominee for the best leading actress in the live performance,

the whole scene became a comedy!

When it was over, we considered the unplanned "special" talk by our walk-in guest speaker as a session of the boys' fellowship. And all the boys, without having to be seated properly in the living room, had fully enjoyed the lesson.

VC sometimes tells me that I look comical when talking. At CCH, I have found birds of a feather--amplified version.

2 comments:

albert peh said...

I think I will take up acting lesson from annie

JJ said...

and you can act on chirstmas day