Thursday, June 10, 2010

South Korea: Jeju Teddy Bear Museum

I always cherish toy animals with smooth and soft fur. Though I do not specially collect any, I preciously keep in my house those given to me from the age as a toddler to now as a working adult.

When I first saw a teddy bear many years ago, I immediately liked the toy stuffed with soft cotton. During this tour, I was very excited to visit the Teddy Bear Museum in Jeju.

In the galleries, we witnessed the 100-year history of teddy bears including famous scenes,

popular teddy bears of different eras, etc.

If Mona Lisa were alive and knew she had been turn into a teddy bear, she would probably show a grimace instead of a mysterious smile.

That day I purposely wore a T-shirt with a teddy bear design to declare how much I loved them. However, my business partner did not seem to appreciate my company at the fruit and vegetable stall.

My heart was comforted when a gentleman lovingly lent me his warm arm and broad shoulder in the outside garden.

My joy did not end there. My faithful friends celebrated my birthday seven months in advance to give me a surprise.

And my activity buddies also invited me to join them for fishing.

Mum found her body guard who was dutifully standing under the sun to protect her. Later when we walked past the same place, the bar-restaurant where the fellow was attached to was already close and he had gone missing.

When I was approaching the exit of the museum, two security guards who enjoyed my presence tried to persuade me to stay longer with them.

I would have loved to. But my toy bears were also waiting for me to hug them at home in Malaysia.

No comments: