Monday, May 10, 2010

Revotour Melaka: Revo Academy & Revo P.A.R.T.Y.

One Sunday after the church service last month, Pastor James gathered us who were teaching in secondary schools or colleges. We were each given a pile of cards to distribute to our non Muslim students to invite them to the Revo Academy and Revo P.A.R.T.Y. which would be hosted by Calvary Life Assembly (CLA) on 8th May.

I could only target thirteen Christian Sabahans and Sarawakians from two of my groups of students. After I told them about it, they showed so much interest to attend and to invite their friends that the next Sunday I was already asking David K if it was possible to arrange a church van to fetch them.

Three days before the event, The first group informed me that none of them would be available this Saturday because they would have left Melaka soon after they had sat for their last exam paper. Janie, the representative of the second group sent me a more encouraging response via SMS-Three of them would be coming.

Two weeks earlier, I had prayed for Janie in person when she had come to my office to submit her final group project. When I opened my eyes, I saw tears in hers. I asked her why. She answered, "Miss, I'm very touched. None of my previous teachers has ever prayed for me."

On 8th May, I was assigned to invigilate an examination in the morning. This time, I was not upset that I had to go to my working place on a Saturday because that was where I was going to pick my three passengers who were staying at the nearby hostel. Due to a misunderstaning, we waited for each other about twenty minutes in front of different buildings, thinking that the other party was not punctual.

Finally, Janie in a shirt with black and grey stripes and Angela in a cheerful yellow two-piece blouse showed up without Norisan who was having fever. To me, the heart counted more than the number. So I was happy to bring these two lovely girls, whom I hardly had a chance to chat with in the class, to attend this nationwide event which meant to turn Christian youth into revolution world changers.

We arrived a bit late but still managed to join the last worship song.

Ps Kenneth Chin, the founder of the Asian Youth Ambassadors (AYA), gave an introduction of their initiative to lead the youth to bring revolution to schools and campuses through love.

Next, Ps Andy Yeoh, Ps David Yeow and Pragas told us about the Recess Revolution, "a movement/mobilization of young people who are maximizing "recess time" in schools to make a statement of what they believe in, and to make an impact by being a positive influence right where they are... It is not just about bringing people to Christ, but - even more so - bringing Christ to people (and into schools)!"

The three energetic speakers also shared with us testimonies from different schools, where some Christian students reached out to their peers by praying for them, blessing them with canteen food, etc, while others even touched their non-Christian teachers or principals' hearts with their loving acts.

The Revo Academy ended at 5.30pm. The Revo P.A.R.T.Y. was going to start at 7pm. So I immediately applied what I had learnt by bringing Janie and Angela to befriend the Calvary Care Home (CCH) boys during this "recess time". I also said to Paul that he could become a pastor, remain cool and stylish like those youth pastors.
I had prepared a main dish at home. After we followed the van back to CCH, we just needed to cook rice, heated up the ready dishes and fried some vegetable.

We shall thank God that on our way to CLA again, David did not change the wrong gears while "assisting" the driver Mohan.

The emcee began the evening programme by calling a representative of each school. Luke was the brave volunteer from SMK Ayer Keroh who was later asked to sing his school anthem.

After the students, the teachers who were present to support the event were also invited on the stage. I was surprised to know that there were only three of us. After introducing myself and being requested to say "I am very happy to attend this Revo P.A.R.T.Y." in French, I was given a T-shirt. The two other teachers also received the same gifts.

The Revo P.A.R.T.Y has a nice meaning behind. It is "Preaching About Revival Through Youth". But when the responsive youth approached the stage to sing together,

it was a real party!

Lastly, Ps Kenneth preached a sermon in a very humourous manner

before he opened the alter for prayer. 13 young people responsed to the salvation and 31 others redadicated their lives to Jesus!

God spoke to my heart to bless my three students, including Norisan who was not able to be with us, with a souvenir from the Revotour. After consulting them, I bought another T-shirt, passed it and the one I had been holding to Janie and Angela. They were very glad and looked forward to wearing them to classes next semester. I also took a CD for Norisan so that they could listen together with their friends.

When I sent the two girls back, they told me that it was the first time they had attended such a wonderful gathering, heard such a powerful message and enjoyed such a lively worship. I was delighted to know that my simple act of inviting and accompanying them had blessed them so much. We planned to have more Christian fellowship in future.

Father God, we want more of your power and more of your presence among us so that we can bring revolution to our campus.

1 comment:

Albert Peh said...

Father God, we want more of your power and more of your presence among us so that we can bring revolution to Calvary Care Home.