Friday, January 14, 2011

A Brief Visit At The Harap Learning Centre Bukit Baru

On 3 January, Harap Learning Centre (HLC) received the first batch of preschoolers. Dr Wong invited us to drop by there. As I was busy with my new semester which had started on the same date, my commitment to help Calvary Care Home (CCH) boys with their homework and other matters, I only phoned up Dr Wong once to find out how the response was.

This Wednesday, I decided to allocate a small slot of time to visit HLC before going to CCH. When I quit the campus, it was drizzling. I settled a bill at Melaka Sentral first. The rain became much heavier. I did not want to change my plan, so I sent an SMS to Dr Wong to inform him of my visit in 15 minutes and drove to Bukit Baru.

Walking towards the centre from the parking, I saw Sajar's children in the playground. I still remembered their names after the party one month ago. My immediate reaction was to call and ask them why they were not in the centre. I had forgot that the daycare service of the centre only caters to children below six years old and that these three siblings who were already studying in the lower primary school were disqualified.

Sis Theresa unlocked the grill for me. Since the opening of the centre, underprivileged children aged between 3 and 6 from Seri Siantan flat have a place where they are well taken care of from 9am to 5pm. All their food and learning materials in the centre are sponsored.

Thus, their parents who are working to make ends meet do not need to worry about these children during the weekdays.

Sis Theresa is also a Seri Siantan resident. A mother of three and a former kindergarten teacher, she is no doubt a very ideal person to handle her little neighbours in the centre. She is looking forward to the professional training which will be provided soon.

She told me there were eight boys and five girls enrolled in the centre. Some parents had already taken their children back after lunch time. She invited me to come in the morning another time so that I can see all the children and more activities.

I did not intend to stay long. I was leaving when another lady entered the centre. Sis Theresa introduced to me Sis Grace who helps in the preparation of meals. I was very glad to have met these two loving sisters in Christ.

Nurul, Fikri and Syukri seemed to have fun under the rain.

I reminded them to do their homework and study hard. While saying goodbye to them, I prayed in my heart that the Lord would send workers to reach out to them.

1 comment:

Dr Wong Fort Pin said...

Welldone!
Thank you for writing1