Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday "Time With Jesus" At Calvary Care Home

This year, we continue with the programme at Calvary Care Home to align with the Home theme from 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

Every Sunday after we are back from the church service, we sit together to have a "Time With Jesus". When there is no guest speaker, Albert P and I resume our teaching job. The book we are currently using is "ABC's Of Character" written by Ps Albert Kok to "build character and to reinforce the basic values and principles in all of us with a message 'This is the right way to live and behave'".

Albert started the first session two weeks ago with A--Attitude, a topic on which I had been taught during one of the MLM classes. The key point was that to have a positive attitude, we need to form a habit of thinking positive thoughts, reading positive oriented books, saying positive words and being with positive people. I could not agree more since I had been selecting positive thoughts, utterances and friends and thus seeing changes in myself.

The second letter B stands for Bible, God's Book which tells of His love and wonderful plan for man. As a Chinese educated person, I used to think that not reading certain famous Chinese classical literature at least once would be something regrettable. Now I am convinced that if I were to choose only one book to read for the rest of my life, I would immediately and happily pick the Bible which provides me with spiritual bread every day and has transformed my life.

Yesterday, it was about C-Church. And there are 23 more letters to go. It is indeed a more meaningful way than A for apple, B for boy and C for cat to learn the alphabet.

No comments: