Friday, October 29, 2010

A Saturday With Friends II: Hangout In Tourist Spots In Melaka Town

Since I was already at Bandar Hilir, I met up with VC who was also somewhere there. I was not in the mood to spend another two hours sitting and watching a movie, or letting myself be tempted by clothes and shoes. So we decided to take a stroll in the open air.

We walked to the park next to A Famosa-Porta de Santiago and rested for awhile on a bench. There was a lonely fellow doing the same activity.

When I last came to the A Famosa area in 2008, I was Kimly's tour guide.

This time, VC was the one who told me the interesting story of this well with a cross in the middle, to which I had never paid attention previously.

We had a hobby in commun--gazing at trees.

Then we also had a topic in commun--birds and their nests.

VC suggested that we went up to St Paul's hill and asked me if I was OK to climb so many stairs.

Had he seen how I travelled between floors with my high-heeled shoes in my work place, he would have got the answer even before the question.

Several minutes later, I was already watching the panorama from the uphill.

The colour of the marroon stones of St Paul Church looked wonderful at dusk.

Both of us took turns to pose with the beautiful background.

We did not stay until dark to take pictures in front of the statue of St Francis like I had done with Kimly. Instead, we moved to our next destination--Hang Tuah mall area by Melaka river. The ferris wheel had become the landmark since a few years ago.

I used to take buses there when I first settled down in Melaka. Since the old bus station was shifted, the place was transformed into a recreational park.

Rock music played in a high volumn from a nearby restaurant could be heard, which I think did not match with the nice view and the river cruise.

While I was busy talking on the phone after I received a call, VC photographed the new wall painting which recounted the history of Melaka.

The drawings were well done. It was a pity that not many people passed by.

We wanted to see the musical fountain at Jalan Kee Ann but there was no sign of it to be operational. So I ended my Saturday accompanied by friends.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Surely it was a tiring day for you all but i hope this outing will strengthen the relationship.............^-^