Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Health Is A Great Thing In Life To Thank God For

Last Tuesday morning when I opened my eyes from the sleep, I felt dizzy. In my memory, it had never happened to me at wake-up times. I had to leave for work in about 45 minutes. I was scheduled to be out in town until late evening because of my two classes to attend, which I would not like to miss. And I might have a meeting in the afternoon. Knowing that Jesus is the Healer, I immediately sought Him by prayer, after which I moved my bowels several times and the urge to vomit was gone little by little.

Feeling much better, I managed to take a shower. Nevertheless, the sensation of nausea was not totally gone. So I abandoned my chicken cheese bun and doughnut which were already laying on the dining table. Instead, I put a packet of Marie biscuits and an apple in my bag to fill my empty stomach later. As I was getting ready to go, I was still a bit weak but I kept telling myself that I was going to be OK.

During my driving journey, I was recovering more and more. I suddenly thought of chronic patients. While I happily take my breakfast as soon as I wake up every morning, many of these people must be suffering the way I had experienced earlier, if not worse. Before I reached the campus, I was back to my usual physical condition again. Praise the Lord! Regretting not to have brought the two buns, I quickly munched the biscuits in my office five minutes before I walked to another building and climbed the stairs to the seventh floor. I was able to talk loudly in class as usual and felt myself energetic enough to even chase after wild boars!

That day, I decided to just have the apple for lunch and to continue "fasting" until evening. After my MLM class, I joined the supper outing. I had an exceptional appetite for the late meal thanks to my morning sickness.

The following days, I learned that a few people I knew had fallen sick and were down with a fever. Many of them were either on medical leave or lying in bed covered with blankets. I realised that my good health is indeed one of the greatest things in my life I should thank God for.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Amen! thank god you're heal...