Friday, October 22, 2010

That Day, I Heard That Three Children Had Stomachache In School

That afternoon, I heard a boy say, "Every day, I have stomachache because I'm hungry." When I asked the two other boys who were in the same school if they experienced the same thing, they smilingly nodded. All this while, I had thought that they had something to eat during the recess time. I even saw one of them carrying a tiny packet of junk food when he was back from school. I had not realised that he might have "fasted" by no choice since early in the morning. My heart began to cry though my face did not express much.

While thinking of solutions, God's word came to my mind, "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." (James 2:14-17, NKJV). Without hesitation, I obeyed Him to satisfy these children's immediate need.

I was planning to look for others to help solve the problem in a long-term basis. Yesterday morning while I was cutting grass, God spoke to me by recalling me the lessons I had learnt during the MLM classes, the supper sharing by Ps Richard Tuesday, my conversation with VC regarding the spiritual gifts, the book "The Hole In Our Gospel" I had read last year, the sermon I had heard from Rev Teo more than a year ago, Ps Susan Tang's testimony, etc. I answered Him, "Father God, if I claim that I love these children, I am not going to keep my money in the bank and ask others to feed them. Afterall, it's Your money and You're the Provider."

Once again, I thank the Lord for stirring my heart and reminding me that He is looking for an available man, not an able man.

3 comments:

JJ said...

amen! I wish i could help them but i cann't bcause i'am also.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``-------------------------------````````````````````

albert peh said...

The strong shall help the weak.

JJ said...

Amen! but...................................................................................................................................................same................................................................................