Monday, October 25, 2010

Attending The "Battlefield Of The Mind" Classes

Having quit my life as a student several years ago, I never fancied being one again until the end of 2008 when I joined the MLM class which had been introduced to Melaka during the first half of the year.

As I only had little workload at the city campus then, I arranged my lessons there on Tuesdays so that I would go to the MLM class at City Community Church (CCC) from town instead of my house which was quite far. In early May, Ps Richard launched the "Battlefield Of The Mind (BOTM)" syllabus for the women and conducts the classes in a rented shop lot at Malim which is suitable for our more frequent gatherings to learn the Word of God.

Mrs Ee took the challenge to be the host in Melaka and kindly offered me to be her assistant. So I often sit at the reception desk. Ps Richard's teaching evoked memories of my secondary school language teachers who always made the lessons very lively. I remember he said to us during the first classes, "I'm the one teaching you not because I know the women well, but because I know the men well!" Most of my classmates are married women with children. So when Ps Richard gives humorous examples regarding couples' conflicts, etc, they seem to relate to their own situations and listen to him with a serious look,

while I usually burst into laughter at the back. Once I felt compelled to tell him, "Pastor, I can laugh so loudly because I don't have a husband! Anyway, I thank God that I attend your BOTM classes before I get married."

Recently, I realised that a wandering or a wondering mind is not in the normal condition. Since, I have been disciplining my wandering mind and started to believe rather than wonder.

According to Ps Richard, we are the only group in Malaysia who did not want any break between the part one and part two of the syllabus. I am not surprised at all as I myself look forward to going to every class so much that I reorganise my weekly activities and even my holiday plans so that I will not miss any session.

Women in Melaka, come and join us to learn to combat negative thoughts in our mind!

No comments: