Monday, March 30, 2009

Official Earth Hour With God again

Friday evening, when I was at home in Batu Pahat, I telephoned PG to tell him that I was planning to visit Berean AOG for the Sunday service, instead of following him to his church.

"I'm involved in the worship ministry. Tomorrow we're going to have a practice at 8.30pm. If you're free, you can sing with us. I'll pick you at 8.15pm."

"My family might be out for dinner tomorrow. I'll call you again to confirm."

Later, Mum was reading the newspaper when she came across an article on the earth hour.

"Many TV channels will take a break during that hour."

"Then we'll do something else."

"We can go to the field like we did before. But it'll also be dark if the street lights are switched off for the event."

"It only applies to non-essential lights and electrical appliances. For example, not watching TV for an hour won't affect our lives. But keeping the refrigerators off for one hour may cause our food to turn bad... If you can't watch your favorite channel, I have a suggestion for you. PG invites me to his church for a singing practice tomorrow evening. You can go with us."

Mum did not promise anything. The next day, we had a lot of activities together: morning walk, breakfast, watching a DVD and shopping. After going home from the shopping mall in the late afternoon, I was still overjoyed at our unexpected encounter with XM. When preparing the dinner, Mum decided not to join us for the worship practice because she needed a rest. I was not disappointed at all. I knew it had been quite a hectic day to her and I believed that God would find other occasions to touch her heart again.

In PG's car, I was thrilled at sharing the testimony with him. Upon arriving the church, PG said, "I hope you're not going to feel bored with the singing." He was referring to my comment earlier that the worship in his church Sunday service had been a bit too long to me.

"I'm going to make an effort tonight for God. I'm so happy for my mum and my cousin's wife. So I'm going to thank God by singing!"

I met a lady Vivian there. She also saw my excitement. I told her, "When I looked at others' singing in church, I used to admire their strong passions. Tonight, I really feel that I'm going to sing to God, to praise the Lord!"

"Yes! When we sing to God, it's a different feeling because He is so great!"

I raised my both hands. This time I focused on God and fully enjoyed singing praise to Him without thinking of looking at my watch. Lights were not off so that we were able to see the lyrics displayed on the screen. Nobody there mentioned the earth hour. However, we were doing something more meaningful by devoting more than one earth hour to God, weren't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mi, I wish i have more time to spend time do Godly stuffs..
Recentlty busy with worldly things..