Friday, March 27, 2009

Concern For My Sanli Friends II

The next day, I received YH's reply. Several lines struck my eyes:

"After Lee Sah's correction, the right year of the flood was BC2389."

"God_Yahweh...The exact time of Genesis was about BC3846."

"Regarding the second question, I surely have found related information on giants...but very obviously...giants and dinosaurs...were definitely not created by God...and He doesn't know at all the record of dinosaurs having lived on this earth."

"The third question: There is another absurd thing...Does God give men wisdom?" It was followed by verses about God wanting to "destroy the wisdom of the wise" (1 Corinthians 1:19), and that our faith "might not rest on men's wisdom" (1 Corinthians 2:5)

YH was getting wrong again in his calculation. And he was contradictory even in his own conclusion, for the word "exact" is used to "emphasize that a number, amount, or piece of information is or should be completely correct in every detail", whereas the word "about" means "a little more or less than a particular number, amount, or size". How was it possible that both words stand each other in the same statement?

By the way, since I had been going to church and reading Christian literature, I had never heard any Christian leaders, authors or fellows giving the exact year of God's creation. On what grounds was my ex-classmate so sure of his findings? I was very curious.

As the daughter of a former journalist, I learnt to be careful when spreading information. Dad used to write current affairs on the newspaper. He never made any assumptions with information from the third parties.

Was I going to sent a group email again to argue with YH in front of other unbelievers?

I checked myself. Would it give glory to God? But if I ignored YH who had started the drama on God's creation, who would give him testimony of our Creator?

So I clicked at YH's personal email address instead of our Sanli group address.

The main content was the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I chose to reply you in private bcoz I don't wish to waste others' time to read and then delete our messages without even understanding what we're discussing.

2. You said that giants and dinosaurs were not created by God. Let me show you the verses : (Sorry, it's faster for me to search the English version)

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." (Colossians 1:16 NKJV)

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." (Revelation 4:11 NKJV)

So, even though the Bible never mentions "mosquito", God is still the one who created it.

3. When you showed me the verses about wisdom, did you notice that they were about the wisdom of men? Actually God wants us to have the wisdom of God, which is different from the wisdom of men or of this world.

"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe." (1 Corinthians 1:21 NKJV)

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight." (1 Corinthians 3:19 NKJV)

YH, thanks for your sharing. I don't know how much you believe in Jesus. If you claim yourself a Christian, I welcome you to God's family and let's share the Gospel to our Sanli friends because that's Christ's command. If you have any doubts or questions on the Bible, you can ask other Christians to enlighten you.

Most of our Sanli friends don't know about the Bible. What you were sharing with them will lead them to believe the Gospel even less.

But if you are not a believer of Christ, I sincerely pray that God will open your heart.

"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God." (1 Corinthians 2:1 NKJV)

In fact, myself, I also ask for wisdom from God every day to understand His Words. That's why I couldn't stay silent when I saw your emails. Please forgive me if I've offended you somewhere.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I forwarded my reply to PG to ask his opinion. He also showed his concern over the misinformation in YH's emails and gave me an encouraging response.

"I think I don't have any further opinion on what you replied to YH except this: "Well done"."

No comments: