Monday, May 12, 2008

First Call On 9 May

Dear bro & sis, May I know CW's address and house location map for the cell meeting on 9 May 2008? Thank you.

(from me)
---------------------------------------------------------------
My house address is : XXX Bukit Katil.

CW
---------------------------------------------------------------
Some other landmarks to look out for is, u'll need to pass 2 road bumps, 1 covered drain; another 2 bumps along the first turning b4 reaching Jln x. As u go along Jln x, u'll need to pass 3 more road bumps, n there's a TNB station n a smaller field on ur right b4 reaching a 'berhenti' sign at d end of Jln x. U'll need to park ur some distance from our place as the road is small. Good place to park is near d berhenti sign (first come first serve basis). No valet provided! :)

If u guys n gals get lost in the taman, pls call me xxx-xxxxxxx or CW xxx-xxxxxxx. Happy searching!

Jasmine (CW's wife)
---------------------------------------------------------------
When I received both emails, I started to imagine myself desperately looking for their house through the windscreen. I was not familiar with the Bukit Katil area, I don’t enjoy driving alone at night, and I get nervous easily when I lose my way.

I remembered my searching of the previous meeting place. Despite a map I was holding and had studied for hours and even verified with a former colleague, I missed an important landmark. During ten minutes, I was in a cold sweat. On the return later, my lack of sense of directions again caused my misunderstanding of a signboard, thus led me to take a turning which prolonged the journey back to my house.

This meeting would start at 8pm as usual. I could start driving before the sky turned dusky to explore the area. What worried me more was the thought of nodding off while grasping the steering wheel after the gathering. It would be nice if I could stay overnight at Saratha’s house. She was both my former colleague and office mate who occasionally offered accommodation to me when we had night outings together. Her house was neighbouring to the Bukit Katil area.

“Well,” I told myself, “just stop weaving the excuses together. You need fellowship, come on, make some effort.”

The next morning on my way to work, my cell phone rang.

“Hello, LS. I need a favor from you. Could you print a folder for us? Aminah is supposed to call for a meeting, and she asked that the printed version be brought along. Nalini has asked for my assistance because she is busy with her doctoral work.”

“Sure, Saratha. I can even pass everything to you this evening. I have a meeting at Bukit Katil.”

‘That’s great. Thank you very much. What time are you coming?”

“Do you mind after 10 o’clock?’

“No problem. Do you want to spend overnight at my place?”

“I really appreciate it! ... We confirm later by email, OK.”

“OK, I’m going to send you the file through yahoo.”
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Saratha,Thank you very much for your offer to spend overnight at your place. Yesterday in my heart I was asking God to motivate me to go to that meeting since it's quite far from my plc and I'm not very used to traveling at night. God has answered my prayer!

(from me)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Lee Sah, just saw your message - you can always stay overnight at my place - just inform. Anyway looks like God answered both our prayers - i was wondering what to do with the file, and I just thought of you! See you tonight.

Love
Saratha

No comments: