Thursday, February 24, 2011

When Two Sanguines Got Connected V: Taking The Melaka River Cruise

During the cell meeting on the eve of Ray's trip to Melaka, I asked Phebe about the Melaka river cruise which I myself had not yet experienced. She strongly recommended me to take it at night because of the beautiful illumination and gave me advice on the seating for the better view. Since my guest was not in a hurry to go back to Kuala Lumpur last Saturday, we reserved this activity for early evening.

We boarded the boat at the jetty in front of the Quayside Heritage Centre.

The sky was getting darker.

I was relaxed as a tourist

like my senior who was here on vacation.

I temporarily forgot that I had been living in Melaka for almost eight years! I was very glad to rediscover this favorite region of mine from another angle.

Last October, I had seen this same scenery from the riverside while hanging out near the old bus station and sometimes I waved at the boats that passed by. Sitting in the boat this time, I was the one waving at people standing on the bridges watching us.

Houses of Kampung Morten

and restaurants stood out with the lighting.

This bridge looked like a tunnel.

Another corner with mangroves reminded me of my river boat tour to watch fireflies in Kuala Selangor several years ago. And I also remembered those days when I took a stroll along the Doubs river in Besançon. I suddenly became a bit nostalgic.

The 45-minute cruise was definitely an enchanting experience for me to capture a different charm of Melaka with my eyes. I almost wished that the time would just freeze there and then...

No comments: