Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Morning At Harap Learning Centre Bukit Baru

Yesterday, I was finally free to spend a morning at the Harap Learning Centre Bukit Baru because of the mid-semester break. Probably due to the rain which had been falling non-stop since Saturday, only four children were present in the centre when I arrived at about 9.30am.

Sis Theresa was guiding the girls to do some colouring and other exercise

while Sis Grace was sitting with the boys at another table.

One of them was very interested to pose for photographs without any request from me.

The following activity for the boys was inside the library-toy room.

Each of them chose his favorite game from the cupboard and played either alone, together or with the teacher.

After one hour, they had to leave the room to let the girls come in.

There were not yet many toys specially for girls. Nevertheless, they enjoyed the animal puzzles very much. As soon as they finished assembling all the pieces and joined together, they were keen to show Sis Theresa who was teaching the boys to write in the main hall. They were also able to tell me the names of the animals in English and to show me how a frog jumps or how a cat meows.

Sis Grace had gone out to buy packed lunch for the children. So I temporarily replaced her to keep an eye on the two lovely girls. After awhile, another boy entered the room again. At first, I taught him a few words in BM while holding a plastic ball with holes of different shapes. Very soon, he became restless and wanted to act as a superman.

When he noticed me taking pictures, he began to behave like a supermodel

and kept asking me to photograph him

in all kinds of positions until the battery of my camera ran low!

To take a group picture, I turned the children's toys into hats and helmets.

Next, it was meal time. They continued to look smart!

I really had a good time there.

When I was leaving, Nurul still preferred to hang around at the playground instead of entering the centre in the afternoon to do her homework. She smilingly waved at me and called me "Auntie" though she could not remember my name. I knew I had to do something for this little girl. God will show me the way.

No comments: