Friday, November 12, 2010

My Face Is On A Mousepad!

At the end of my last class with my first batch of AM228 students last month, they took a group photo with me and an individual photo of mine. Muharram said to me, "Mademoiselle (Miss), we'll give you something next week." I guessed they were going to print out the group picture and frame it for me to keep as a souvenir.

The following week was the revision week. None from their group looked for me. Sometimes I saw some of them checking their on-going tests marks in front the notice board outside my office but nobody mentioned anything. I began to think that they did not mean it that day.

Three more weeks were over. I had almost forgot about it. This Tuesday, someone knocked my door in the afternoon. Muharram entered with a big smile on his face and a big envelop in his hand.

"Mademoiselle, this is for you." He was already leaving.

The envelop was lighter than I had imagined with a frame. "Thanks. Can I have a look first? It must be a photo."

"It's a mousepad with your picture..."

What a creative present! When I pulled it out from the envelop, it was funny to see my portrait appearing on an object in such a size. As I had been using my office desktop without a mousepad, this was just nice to give my mouse a mat and let it rub against my face.

Now, even when nobody gives me a smile at my workplace, at least I get one from myself when I enter my office. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Looks like your picture will be in every places in your university..................

asmanadiah othman said...

thanks mademoiselle for teaching us french..i had so much fun in your class..=) i will definitely continue to learn more about french languge after this..merci beaucoup mademoiselle!!

Michan said...

Mademoiselle Asmanadiah, I also had a lot of fun teaching your group. Thank you once again for your faithful attendance, active participation and serious work during the 3 semesters in my class. Bonne continuation to all of you!