Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dim Sum Breakfast At "Ban Hong Xiang"

Last week, my yum cha partner missed dim sum and invited me for breakfast together. So we went to "Ban Hong Xiang" at Jalan Gajah Berang. Since I was first introduced to this tea house in 2004, it has always been my first choice if I want to experience the typical Chinese dining atmosphere in Melaka.

As soon as we arrived there, we took two buns to share before we picked other smaller dishes. Everybody seemed to enjoy the relaxing respite and talked loudly. I told my yum cha partner by raising my voice, "This is probably the noisiest place after the morning market!"

The elderly are always the faithful customers. I wish I could maintain my body as thin as them after eating all those steamed but oily, or fried snacks so often.

During our one hour there, four men approached us at different times each to sell lottery tickets and a woman tried to promote her gadgets. Of course, our response was always, "No, thanks!"

The food was hot, the tea was hot, the air was warm and the service was warm. All these factors and the nice company are the motivation to get me out of my routine of eating bread at home at seven o'clock every morning.

2 comments:

JJ said...

so looks like you're going to be a faithful customer, going to be same same with that old uncle........^,^

kittymiao0210 said...

I am more interested to see the picture of what you have ordered and ate at that dim sum shop.