Monday, September 20, 2010

And The Blessings Continued!

During the Calvary Care Home (CCH) mini-camp, Sis Grace telephoned and told us that she preferred to conduct a separate Christian education course for the boys instead of mixing them with the adults. So that Sunday morning, we did not have to be in church as early as nine o'clock to attend the class. Since Sis Christine was around, we let her continue to minister to the boys at the breakfast table.

When we were about to set off with two vehicles at 9.30am, I could not start my car engine at all. The same drama had happened to me in Batu Pahat exactly two years ago during the Raya holiday. I remember it was also on a Sunday morning. I had not closed the boot properly before I left for a two-day family trip to Kukup, which accelerated the "death" of the already weak battery.

This time, thank God that I was also surrounded by people I knew and that I was not rushing to work. The only problem was that my passengers and I would be stuck in the house without the transport. I did not feel comfortable to borrow my colleague Chew's car who lived nearby. Albert P quickly called Joshua to come all the way from Bukit Baru with the CCH van to fetch some of us and reassigned those who would go to church with his car first. Finally, Luke and Daniel were the ones who had the "privilege" to skip the warden service to accompany me at home.

Joshua arrived about forty minutes later. I took this opportunity to put the boys' own mattresses in the van to send back to CCH. At first, I was very sorry to disturb his free time with his newly-wedded wife. He told us that they could not go anywhere together anyway because she had to go to work that morning. After learning that that day was actually his birthday, I led the boys to sing the birthday song for him.

After dropping us at CLA during the worship, Joshua went off with the van. Albert later made another arrangement with Joseph L to bring the whole CCH gang of ten members to the Home. We had planned an outing to a shopping mall after lunch but it would not be possible with only Albert's car available. The solution was found when the home administrator decided to drive the van.

Since I had begun the partnership with Albert to bring the boys for outings, we always travelled by car. Because of my worn-out battery, I had the blessing to relax as a passenger. Our driver sweated profusely in the van which he described as an oven due to the poor air-conditioning. He was also tired after spending a lot of physical and mental energy for the mini-camp.

He gained half an hour's rest on a massage chair at the new Jaya Jusco (JJ). John and I also acted as if we were potential customers. David who was not allowed by the promoter to try the product could only watch us and count the years before he got a more mature look and harder bones.

In the same shop, David stepped on a jogging machine and accidentally fell down and caused himself light injuries in his both arms after misunderstanding a button. John who had been showing his good leadership qualities recently immediately behaved like a caring big brother to give him some first aid. Later, when my foster son had his snacks, he temporarily forgot his pains.

All of us met again at the parking at 6.30pm and returned to CCH. Albert kindly sent me back to Paya Rumput together with Matthew and John. He also offered to look for a mechanic to solve my car battery problem the next day. As a result, I opened my "lodge" again to receive these VIP guests who had been in my inner circle since last year. A lover of Japanese food and sweet stuff, Albert had bought sushi and doughnuts from JJ to share with us. Nevertheless, he admitted that his appetite had dropped without David's presence.

The next morning, I managed to get help from Chew's in-law's family to change the car battery. I kept my guests until lunch. After they "checked out", I suddenly felt that the house was unusually quiet at the end of the mini-camp and the extended gathering.

I had not felt tired at all with my "kitchen ministry" despite my long hours there and little sleep. Instead, I experienced the joy and satisfaction more than my teaching job. And surprisingly, my fridge still looked quite full after the four-day clearance. Jesus had multiplied my five loaves and two fishes to bless His people including myself!

3 comments:

albert peh said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, is the fridge still full? I am thinking and planning when we can go and finish up the food.

Michan said...

Don't worry, God will always provide food to my fridge. As long as the demand is there, the supply will never end. Just proceed to check with the receptionist what dates the "Michan Petite Lodge" is not yet booked, hee hee!

JJ said...

I would like to booked to your house for holiday and to finish the foods at 6-11 December 2010. will it ok?
Or we can make the (cch camp II) on 6-11 December 2010.