Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Am Just Like Him

Dad, my life has changed a lot more since last year. Now I am a care giver to a few children at Calvary Care Home. I speak to them the love languages you used to speak to me. I am also forming invisible Team Hoyt with everyone of them. They have their weaknesses and I have mine. But I focus on our strength to run the race together.

Last Sunday evening, Luke cried because he missed his mother. I tapped him on the shoulder and caressed his head to comfort him. Last night, when I wept alone in front of your pictures, I realized I was just like him. We had fragile hearts behind our happy-go-lucky appearances.

Maybe I had lacked of rest. Maybe I was exhausted by what had been happening around me. Maybe I needed this occasion to release my tension. Anyway, this morning when I woke up, my eyes were still swollen but my tears were already dried. Today is a brand new day. I am ready to smile again.

Luke is seeing his loved one tomorrow. When is my turn to see you, Dad?

1 comment:

Albert Peh said...

We will see our loved ones one day. I long to see my mum and my younger brother in heaven in future.