Tuesday, January 12, 2010

David's First Trip To Johor II

Saturday, I brought Mum and David to the the hawker centre for breakfast. After that, David was satisfied to stay at home playing online games with my laptop during the whole day as there was wifi in the house.

He did not even bother to explore the town. Since it was the last weekend before the new school semester, I just let him fully enjoy himself in front of the computer and tried to share his interests. So very soon he searched for a car race game for two players and I sat beside him, clumsily hitting the keyboard with my fingers to drive my racing car in the virtual world.

"You can't get a licence with the driving like that!"

It was the comment given by this twelve-year-old boy to me who had obtained a driving licence in the real world before he was even born!

Even though I improved my speed and "driving" skill after several rounds, I still turned up as a loser all the time except for two occasions. He had been accidentally stuck near the finishing line where he had purposely parked his car while patiently waiting for me who was at least two lanes' behind to catch up with him.

After dinner, I managed to move him to make a tour at Summit Parade, the shopping mall which was ten minutes' walk from the house. There he was happy to watch a session of wrestling on a small TV screen at a DVD shop. In the late evening, he followed YT and me to KFC to have an ice-cream and never complained while we two ladies were having the whole conversation in Mandarin.

He is counting down to go to Johor with me again, not for any delicious food or nice view, but for the online car race which even my brother Leong's whole family were interested to play with him Sunday morning just before we came back to Melaka...

No comments: