Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Melaka: Three Meals From Two Food Courts

Two weeks ago, Mum and Ping came to Melaka by bus and stayed three days. Before their trip, Ping telephoned me, “I have very few occasions to travel to Melaka. I definitely want to go to the Dataran Pahlawan and Jonker Street this time. Make sure you don’t fill my stay with other visits until I miss these two places. “

I answered, “Do you think I’ll arrange a zoo trip for you? Of course I know you like eating and shopping. I‘ll make your programme according to your interests.”

After their arrival at the Melaka Sentral bus station, I drove them to the "New Heaven and Earth" food court at Malim

to settle our dinner.

It was always crowded with families.

The location was strategic, for it was near two supermarkets. And people liked the variety of choice there.

We were satisfied with most of the dishes we had ordered. Before we left, we bought from a stall a loaf of wholemeal bread and two packets of rice cakes for our breakfast the next day.

Lunch was from another food court. This time we went to the other side of Malim.

The customers there were mainly working people.

We seemed to be the rare species who were there not because we had no time to cook, but we simply wanted to taste their specialities.

After three nice meals, let's go for shopping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice discovery there. never been the food court before, but I will go and try it one day.

Don't forget to visit Jonker Walk, Stadthuy and also Eye on Malaysia if you're tourist here. :)

Regards, Vince.

Michan said...

Hi, Vince! Thanks for leaving a comment in my blog. You can find other Melaka-related blog through the label "reception"