Monday, April 13, 2009

He Is Alive!

This morning when I switched on my cell phone at home, a message from AG entered my inbox:

"SA passed away at 6.05am. Thanks for all your help."

Only yesterday I was celebrating

with a few hundreds of other believers

at Calvary Life Assembly (CLA)

the return of our Lord Jesus Christ to life

after His death on the cross.

SA had suffered for months, maybe for years, without the Bible hope.

Jesus said to Martha, "Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She answered, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” (John 11:26-27 NKJV)

However, SA did not receive my words. After numerous attempts, I decided to shake off the dust from my feet (Matthew 10:14) though I still put her in my prayer.

When I arrived at work, I read an email from my coordinator saying that a bus would leave from the campus to SA's house at 11am. Some colleagues were going separately with their own cars. I just wanted to quietly hop into the bus to pay my last respects to SA.

Sitting in the 10% occupied bus with a capacity of forty passengers,

I took out the Mac-May 2009 version of "Our Daily Bread".

Below the cover was this verse:

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." (John 11:25 NKJV)

Yes, He is alive!

But she's gone.

No comments: