Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Experience As A Single Mother II

My first evening with my "sons" ended at 11pm with canned longan as dessert and the second DVD "Taxi 2". Isaac alone occupied the second bedroom while Paul and David shared the third one.

The next morning, I got up first. David next. I treated him like an adult by asking him if he would like to walk around in the garden or within the residential area before it was getting hot, or go out for breakfast. He was only interested to make our own toasts. Then Paul also came out from the bedroom. I immediately understood better their preference to stay at home. The reason was the PS2 (Play Station)!

As I had not consulted Albert for the do's and don'ts of the boys, I was not aware that they were actually not allowed to play the games but they had secretly brought the gadget to my house without Albert's knowledge.

Isaac also woke up and joined his younger brothers. Seeing that they were not keen to move, I left them alone in the living room and cut grass in the garden for awhile until I needed them to beat eggs, immere slices of bread into the egg and grill them on a frying pan to prepare the toasts.

Already surrounded by three males in my own territory for the first time, I was more heavily outnumbered when the second batch of guests Albert, Matthew and Daniel arrived at the house for lunch!

We had prepared a roasted chicken and some salad. As the chicken was very big, the inner part of the meat was still not very cooked after having been in the oven for one hour.

After the meal, the boys watched a movie on DVD again while Albert rested two hours before he left with Matthew to attend their next function. Daniel would spend the night at my place. Now, the number of "sons" I had to look after had increased to four!

When their "principal" had disappeared from their sight, only did the boys dare to continue with their games. When I was at their age, I only knew an electronic game where Mickey Mouse picked eggs rolling down from many shelves and later a few 2D games on the green screen of my brothers' computer. To know their world better, I also joined in a wrestling game and of course lost very fast, even with their help to press the different buttons they were so familiar with.

As a language teacher, I have to admit that I would never pick up this language as well as my "sons"--the PS2 language!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, you became a stepmom.. haha anyway nice post there. You must be enjoy your life.

Michan said...

Vince, my "sons" add colours and sometimes spice to my life. When you come to CLA next time, you'll see these adorable ones.