Sunday, December 27, 2009

Real Love Ministry Choir's Christmas Carolling

Early this month, I received an SMS from an unknown number introducing a professional choir for Christmas carolling. Since I did not know who had sent the text, I simply ignored it. On 20th evening, another more specific message came in to inform me that the Real Love Ministry (RLM) Choir would be carolling at night and they still had vacant slots to perform. This time, I replied to the message to find out the sender and more clarification. When my message tone rang again several minutes later, I was very surprised and honoured to learn that it was Pastor Edmund Smith! But I was too sleepy to ask for more detail.

The next morning, I was attending the Quality Day Lunch at my working place when Ps Edmund persevered to look for people to open up their home or church, etc for their choir to come and bless them through their singing. For the first time, he addressed my name in the message. I was wondering how he knew me, because previously I had only supported their ministry by making a donation through their bank account and later texting his wife Pastor Amanda, attending their Thanksgiving Fundraising Dinner and blogging about it. Moreover, my name hardly appeared in the entries. Up to now, I still cannot figure out how he managed to associate my two identities of donor and blogger. Anyway, I just replied to tell him that I would like to open my house for carolling if they did not mind to come all the way to Paya Rumput from Bandar Hilir, where their church was located. He immediately called to confirm with me the date and time. It was the next evening at about 9pm.

Now I had to invite friends to make my single-occupant house more crowded to enjoy the choir together. I had six people in my mind. Finally, only Siew Hong and her three children were able to attend, which was just nice, as I could accommodate them for the night.

When I was having dinner with my guests who had arrived a bit late, the RLM Choir in red and white arrived in front of the house. So in a rush, we shifted all the dishes from the dining table to the wet kitchen.

When I was in the primary school, I joined a Christmas carolling once. After the van dropped us, we would start singing along the road to the host's front yard. I imagined the same thing this time. But the RLM Choir was different. They were going to give a live concert in the living room!

Ps Edmund was of course the conductor.

Their choir was not only composed by singers of all ages, but also talented musicians of different genders.

The choir performed several classical Christmas carols which SH and her children were familiar with as they also used to go for carolling when they were in Perak.

In the middle of the mini concert, Ps Edmund also blessed us with his heavenly voice to lead the choir.

Towards the end, a sweet lady accompanied the last songs with sign language.

I enjoyed the performance so much that I did not bear to leave the living room a second to prepare the refreshments which were not yet ready as I was in a rush from my working place earlier.

Next year, if I am still around to open my house for Christmas carolling, do not forget to join me for the blessing!

No comments: