Thursday, February 12, 2009

Papa, Abba, Father!

My colleague KC, who recently started her own blog, likes to share anecdotes of her pet cats and dog.

When I was a teenager, we had kept, during different periods, tortoises, guinea pigs, a dog, and a record high four-generation family of nine cats at home! I was especially crazy for cats. I fed them, talked to them, caressed their bodies and played with them, especially those who loved my attention and who were not timid to approach me. I collected calendars, book marks and greeting cards with pictures of cats.

Yesterday, KC spent a few moments telling me about her old cat who had just died peacefully at a good age, her young cat who had left its waste on her bed, and her dog who only barked at certain people. Now, listening to stories of the small animals I used to care a lot for does not make me excited anymore.

This morning, I received an email from Ah Yu about his son Yuri:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recently he calls me Papa, I don't know if he knows the meaning or not, but I am so happy...
In the morning, when I am going to work, he will hold me tightly and not want to let me go. I remember when I was young, Dad went to banquets every night but I always didn't let him go...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Which greeting touches your heart most?

Your kitten mewing at you, your dog running towards you or your toddler calling you Papa?

Which situation stirs your emotions most?

Your cat rubbing its head against your feet, your dog licking your face or your child holding you tightly in his arms?

To those whose father is still around, do spend more time chatting with him. He is eager for your expressive love towards him like you used to do when you were small.

To those who have lost your father, you still have a Father God, who is patiently waiting for you to hold Him tightly, and who always rejoices in hearing you call Him "Abba, Father!"

No comments: