Friday, May 20, 2011

Transforming Our City Together (TOCT) Conference 2011 VI

The highlight of 9th April at Kompleks Masyarakat Penyayang was the TOCT exhibition.

More than 30 organizations from both non-profit and corporate sectors from all over the country were displaying their community and nation transformation work. Some of the projects are similar to Projek Harap which reaches out to underprivileged children.

Last year, our Melaka team was having the A CIKGU booth. Caroline and Philippe continued their effort to bring influences in the field of education under MAGPIE. This year, Joel had done a good job preparing the pictures and wordings, and setting up the booth to show the activities at Harap Learning Centre Bukit Baru.

Among visitors who dropped by at all the booths and chatted with exhibitors were the two buddies from Kuala Lumpur.

Andrew had got to know me last June after he had discovered my blog entries about EFC Leadership Summit 2010. I was glad to meet him in person ten months later.

Ray had also begun to be aware of my existence at the same period though we both had attended the two-day event in Penang in April 2010. Later through my blog updates, he read about the Harap Learning Centre in Melaka. As the Authentic Manhood (AM) national coordinator, he was surprised to learn that I had even joined the AM class once.

Last January, the reader finally took the initiative to get connected with the blogger.

I stayed at the Projek Harap booth in the afternoon. So I did not go to any of the mini seminars conducted by Marketplace Penang, Voice Your Choice, Real Love Ministry, Mary Kay Skin Care,and Marianna Pascal (the author of "English Fast & Easy") which many found very interesting. Sometimes, I walked around to visit other booths. The Tupperware booth stood out with the big space they were occupying in the middle of the exhibition hall and the activities they were organising.

I let one of the persons in charge paint my palm with different colours and pressed it on the white board.

Then I participated in a quiz, answered a question correctly and won a small plastic container.

That evening, I took the express bus with the Sajar family, Grace's family, Sis Grace and Joel to go back to Melaka together. These two days' experience were again an eye opener for me to see miracles as a result of the love of God.

No comments: