Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Transforming Our City Together (TOCT) Conference 2011 IV

After the workshops, we had about an hour to rest at the hotel. From my room I could see high-rise buildings

as well as greeneries which attract people to live in this island.

After I got changed, I went down to the lobby. the Sajar family who had come back from their day tour was also waiting for the shuttle bus to attend the same event "Night Of Hope" at Han Chiang Associated Chinese Schools Association.

Being the special guests of this charity dinner, they were seated at the table number one at the Lim Lean Teng Hall.

I was assigned to a table surrounded by Ps Thomas Fann's family and two other couples. Though I was not sitting with my Melaka gang, I felt home to be in company with these diners many of whom were based in Johor. And it was also a good occasion for me to tell them about Projek Harap which had first materialized in Melaka several months ago.

The programme began with an opening speech by the representative of the Penang Chief Minister.

Next, Piek See briefed about Projek Harap and explained how each of us could financially contribute to this project. She introduced the Sajar family as well.

During the 8-course halal Chinese meal, our renown local singer Juwita Suwito presented a few hits from her albums.

At the end of the event, all the diners were asked to light and hold a small candle each while singing together. When the light of the hall was turned off, it was very beautiful.

A Malay family's lives had been transformed thanks to Projek Harap and were there to witness this moment among the 600 over diners that night. Wasn't that more beautiful?

No comments: